In With The Old

     It's January, the time of year when resolutions are made and a few weeks later....broken. So I began to contemplate what my new project or venture this year would be.  But the more I thought about it the more I realized that I already have so much "in my hands," and I still haven't followed through with resolutions from last year. I decided to get back to basics and do somethings that I haven't done in a while.  One, being reading the Bible all the way through, this time in chronological order. I want to go through the book of Esther with my daughter and maybe the story of Daniel with my son, and  study it together--something I haven't done in a long time because I think my kids are "too old" for bedtime Bible time.

This year, I'm not looking to the horizon for the next big thing, I'm just glancing past the tip of my nose for all that's already before me. I'm taking hold of it with enthusiasm. And I'm offering the "old" back to the Lord to make it new again.  Even though I'm better at starting than following through, I pray the Lord will help me complete all that I have committed to do this year in 2011.   So... what's "in your hands"

I know there is lots of "read the Bible in 90 days" programs. But I don't want to be in a hurry. I don't want to read just to read. But to commit His ways to my life's journey.

I would love it if you would join me in this Bible journey. I hope as you read and study God's Word that you will post your comments and thoughts about your discoveries.       .....just a thought.....

"And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders.  Write them on the doorposts of your house and on our gates." Deut. 6:6-9

Comments

  1. Well, it has been a year and one month later and, as I stated before, I'm good at starting things but lousy at completing them... on time anyway. I am slightly more than half-way through the Bible. It has taken me longer than I thought. But than again I kind of knew it would. I know me! But I have learned much and believe that God has spoken to me through His word. Lord knows I need Him to talk to me and I to Him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts