LBS
The Nature of the Fruit
Part 7
Willing to Wait - Patience


I don’t like hearing that I need to be patient. And I know why: because I don’t like to be patient. Yet I know I must try to be patient because I’m counting on everybody else in my life to be patient with me. 

Read 2 Peter 3:9

God is patient in dipping his promises to us.
  1. What is the purpose of His patience?______________________________________

Patience is Faith Hope and Love in Action!!

The Bible says that these are the realties that remain when everything else passes away. (1 Cor. 13:13)

*Fill in the blank with each of these words.

Patience is _______ in action because it says:

  1. I believe God is in control of life.
  2. I believe God has given me/them great potential.
  3. I believe trust is basic to life.

Patience is __________ in action because it says:

  1. I expect that God has great things in mind for the future.
  2. Today’s hurt will not remain forever.
  3. I know that right will prevail over wrong.

Patience is_________ in action because it says:

  1. You are worth waiting for.
  2. Thanks for putting up with my faults.
  3. I’ll get over being disappointed.
  4. I know you don’t always mean what you say.

  1. In what kinds of straitens do you find it hardest to be patient? (For example, parenting, marriage, work, friendships etc..)
_________________________________________________
  1. Describe someone who has blessed you by being patient with you.______________________________________________________________

When we don’t feel like being patient, one of the best things we can do is to consider the great patience of God.




Comments

Popular Posts