Divine Strength Part 8

Divine Strength

The sovereign Lord is my strength. Habakkuk 3:19

Nurse. Chef. Chauffer. Vet. social director. Couselor. Logistics Manager. Interior designer. Maid. Daughter. sister. Mother. Signifiant other. How many different roles are you expected to fulfill in a given day? Probably at least this many and more. We live in a society that tells us not only that we can do it all, but that we 
should. This is empowering, but it can also be overwhelming. 

   Throughout Scripture God consistently tells us to rely on Him for our strength. We are promised that if we drink from His well we will never be thirsty again(john 4). He tells us that He is our rock and our stronghold(Psalm 18:2).

   Pay attention as you experience each day: Are your tasks truly serving God and others, or are they simply vain, striving for a bigger, better life? If you find that you are relying on your own strengths, and not God's , to accomplish all the things you have on your to-do -list, it might be time to reconsider your priorities. 


3. According to 2 Samuel 22:33, god gives us His strength and what happens? " It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure."

God is my strong refuge and has made my way blameless.



God is my strong fortress, and he makes my way perfect. 

   We've conditioned to want the best of everything. The best schools, the safest cars, the jGod calls on us to rest and let him do for us what we wouldn't even dream of for ourselves. 


4.We need God to survive. He's not just the "sugar on top." He's the essence of life...  What promise does the psalmist give us in Psalm 73:26? 

"My flesh and my heart may fail , but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 

"

"My health may fail and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. "

5. How does recognizing that God supplies our every need free us to enjoy life? 2 Corinthians 12:9"Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weakness, so that the power of Christ can work through me. "



   When we live lives that draw from the strength of God rather than from our own limited human strength, we are calm, focused, and intentional with our choices, Isn't that what we all long for--respite from the rushing and the working? And relying on God allows us to recognize the opportunities he gives us to speak His strength into the lives of others. 

7. What does Isaiah 12:2-5 have to say about sharing God's strength? 

Strength training

Take a few minutes to examine your life, What are you struggling to accomplish today? What do you have to do that you hate or resent doing" How can you draw on God's divine strength it fulfill that obligation? Identify one practical thing you can do to rely on god more. 





Comments

Popular Posts